Report An Outage

Report a outage by calling 319-824-5251 or 800-390-7605. Our phones are answered 24/7 and crews are on call to respond.


If Your Power is Off: 

  • Check your homes breaker panel (and any outdoor disconnects) to make sure the outage is not due to a tripped breaker.
  • Call your neighbors to see if their power is off. This will help you determine if the problem exists within your home, or on our lines. 
  • If you determine the problem is outside your home, call Grundy County REC.

When reporting an outage be ready to give:

  • Farm or location number. You can find your farm or location number on your electric bill under the heading meter number or on your meter pole.  
  • Telephone/cell numbers where you can be reached.

We may ask for more information:

  • Are your neighbors without power? If you are the only one in your neighborhood without power, we may ask if you have checked your breakers or fuses to make sure the outage isn’t on your side of the service.

  • When did your power go out? 


Extended Outages

Catastrophes like ice storms and tornado's may cause extended outages. You can rest assure that Grundy County REC personnel will work as quickly as possible to restore your electrical service.